Do you want to learn something new, meet new people or gain skills for work? We have a variety of accredited and non-accredited courses to suit you.
We provide a range of courses at our Learning Centre in Bishop Auckland at the Newgate Centre. There’s also no problem fitting learning into your lifestyle, some of our courses are ‘roll-on, roll-off’ – so you can start throughout the year, not just September.
With Community Learning courses you can:
- Enrol and learn in your community
- Start a course throughout the year
- Enjoy flexible learning options
- Choose courses for all ages and abilities
- Choose the right course for you
If you are unsure which course or pathway is right for you, why not talk to one of our team who can advise you on the best level to start on. For more information telephone 01388 443133 or email: email@example.com.
- Functional Skills Maths & English
- From Entry level up to Level 2 at Newgate Learning Centre, Newgate Shopping Centre, Bishop Auckland, DL14 7JQ. Gain the necessary Maths & English skills to progress your career or support your children at School. This is a rolling programme, please enquire for start dates and times. FREE to anyone with no or lower Maths & English qualifications.
- City & Guilds for IT Users (Levels 2)
- At Newgate Learning Centre, Newgate Shopping Centre, Bishop Auckland, DL14 7JQ. Further progression programmes to gain the skills pivotal in the workplace. Using Microsoft Office for Word Processing, Spreadsheets & formula, Database, Presentations, Desktop Publishing with more advanced techniques & greater depth of topics applied at Level 2. This is a rolling programme for 6 weeks. FREE to anyone in receipt of a means tested benefit, if not there is a charge of £199 for Level 2.