OCR NVQ Diploma Advice & Guidance L4Higher Education · Flexible Learning · Advice & Guidance · Diploma
- Course Dates:
- This course has flexible course dates.
- A Higher Education Loan is available
- Level 4
The OCR Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Advice and Guidance (QCF) has been designed to reflect the work of experienced practitioners who work directly with clients, disseminating information, advice, guidance and formal advocacy. Candidates might also have some managerial or training responsibilities. This qualification is suitable for school and college staff involved with planning and delivery of careers education and guidance.Candidates at this level are expected to have a dynamic relationship with other organisations. The course supports the recognised need that individuals and employers must be responsible for gaining the skills required to meet ever changing, which will in turn lead to improvements in efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organisation and with clients.
This qualification is available to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards. There are no formal entry requirements, however, a current work placement is essential.
What will I do?
Mandatory and optional units include:
- Develop interactions with Advice and Guidance clients
- Manage personal case load
- Evaluate and develop own contribution to the service
- Understand importance of legislation and procedures
- Support clients to make use of the Advice and Guidance service
- Assist Advice and Guidance clients to decide on a course of action
- Advocate on behalf of Advice and Guidance clients
- Prepare to represent Advice and Guidance clients in formal proceedings
- Negotiate on behalf of Advice and Guidance clients
- Liaise with other services
- Enable Advice and Guidance clients to access referral opportunities
- Provide support for other practitioners
- Undertake research for the service and its clients
- Design information materials for use in the service
- Identify and promote the contribution of Careers Education Guidance (CEG) within the organisation
- Integrate CEG within the curriculum
- Negotiate and maintain service agreements
- Facilitate learning in groups
- Prepare and set up mediation
Stage and manage the mediation process
You will be taught through a combination of group work, lectures, workshops, work based projects, research and tutorials.
You will be assessed by direct observation in the workplace, individual work, witness testimony and a portfolio of evidence.
What will it give me?
A Level 4 Diploma in Advice and Guidance
What can I do when I finish?
Higher Level qualifications are available as continuous professional development opportunities for those working in advice and guidance.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.