Diploma in Personal Training L3
A career as a personal trainer can be both financially lucrative and emotionally rewarding. You have the opportunity to run your own business and develop a career that that you can build around your life. It offers a break from the mundane cycle of working nine to five and ensures that no two days are the same.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
• Demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Personal Trainer
• Develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as understanding health and safety in a fitness environment, anatomy and physiology, nutrition, marketing and business planning, as well as personal training programming and delivering personal training sessions
Within the course you will also have the opportunity to complete an extra L2 CPD qualification in either Kettlebells, Circuit training or Indoor cycling FREE OF CHARGE. Please choose your option when enrolling on this course.
All applicants must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for this course. Awarding body regulations state that all learners commencing the L3 Diploma in Personal Training must hold a L2 Fitness Instructing qualification prior to commencing the course. A good standard of literacy and numeracy is required due to the complex scientific terminology covered on this Level 3 course. A good standard of personal physical fitness is also a requirement, as is a keen interest in working in the fitness industry.
What will I do?
This course is taught one evening (Wednesday) per week. The qualification will cover six units:
- Applied anatomy and physiology for activity, health and fitness
- Client motivation and lifestyle management
- Programming personal training sessions
- Delivering personal training sessions
· Nutrition to support a physical activity programme
· Business acumen for personal trainers
Assessment opportunities will involve practical tasks in our fitness suite and sports hall, written tasks and working with your own client (the college can assist you with finding a client if you do not have your own).
What will it give me?
Our Personal Trainers Qualification will give you an extensive portfolio of skills and the expertise to ensure that your new career gets off to the best possible start. You will be qualified as a Personal Trainer by the end of this course. The skills and knowledge you will gain include knowledge of anatomy and physiology, advanced teaching and programming skills and the principles of healthy eating and weight management.
• The theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be able to prescribe exercise.
• Extensive ability to help you build a career in the fitness, health and sports industry.
• Higher earning potential
• Access to higher level learning (see below).
• Level 3 Diploma in Personal training
• Discounted CIMPSA membership
• CIMPSA accredited CPD points
• All graduates are guaranteed an interview by ONE GYM
For practical sessions you will need sportswear, suitable footwear and water for sports related activity. You will also be required to bring a notepad and pen to take notes and complete course work.
What can I do when I finish?
You could gain employment within a gym within a leisure centre, hotel or on a private basis, you could become a self-employed personal trainer, you could continue to study and specialise within a particular field or training such as supervising the training of clients with disabilities, training GP-referred clients etc.
Progression opportunities for learners who achieve this qualification:
• A pathway into Higher education
• Level 3 and 4 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• Accesses to Specialist CDP courses (Back pain, post and perinatal exercise, nutrition courses etc.)
• Level 3 Diploma in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
• Level 3 Diploma in Sport
• Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
• Apprenticeship in Personal Training
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Thank you.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.