Certificate in Education and Training L4
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a first stage teaching qualification that will give candidates a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. It includes the use of initial and diagnostic assessments and requires candidates to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning, carry out assessments of and for learning and use resources effectively.
The course has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or are currently working within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities, or who hold training positions in public/private sector organisations.
This course is designed:
• For individuals who work or who want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector
• For individuals who have just started a teaching/training role
• For teachers/trainers who are seeking career progression in their area of work
• For individuals who work with learners on a one-to-one basis
• For individuals who teach in industry
• For individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
• For individuals who have completed the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (L3 AET), or Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) and wish to progress
• For individuals who have completed the Trainer skills or introduction to training qualification
You must be a minimum of 19 years old at the start of the course.
You must be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily - you would be observed in your workplace setting.
At least a Level 2 qualification in English, Mathematics & ICT.
Access to 50 teaching practice hours - a teaching hours log would be required (a letter from the organisation).
You should be qualified to at least Level 3 in the subject you intend to teach/deliver.
You must also be able to obtain a DBS check prior to enrolment.
What will I do?
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector, such as:
• Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
• Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
• Delivering education and training
• Assessing learners in education and training
• Using resources for education and training
What will it give me?
A recognised qualification certified by NCFE entitled Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training.
You are required to supply all of your own stationery items such as a file, notepad, pens etc. You will also need to ensure you have arranged your teaching hours and have a formal letter from your employer/placement provider committing to offering you the required 50 hours of teaching during your course of study. This letter must be provided to the College prior to your enrolment. You must also be able to obtain a DBS check prior to enrolment.
What can I do when I finish?
Following successful completion of the Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training, you could:
· Continue your studies and apply to enter our brand new PCET* programme commencing at Year 2 (following successfully completing a short Bridging Module)
· Gain employment in a teaching/training role within the education sector
· Gain employment in a teaching/training role within the private sector
*subject to final validation from the Open University
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below, or alternatively make an enquiry about this course by clicking the button below.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.