The Diploma in Bricklaying Level 2 will develop your hand skills enabling you to build solid, cavity and half brick walls, as well as timber and steel framed constructions. You will also be involved in setting out basic buildings. You will study in areas of information, communication and quantities, building methods and technology, and health and safety.
Minimum 4 GCSE’s at grades 3 - 2 (D - E) or equivalent, including a D in Maths and English, or a Level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area.
You will need safety footwear and overalls which you can purchase from the College.
What can I do when I finish?
If you gain suitable grades you may want to progress to the Level 3 course in Bricklaying or a paid Apprenticeship at Level 2 or 3.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
What will I do?
The Diploma in Bricklaying Level 2 contains five units which have two online tests and four paper based (theory and practical). The units include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
What will it give me?
- Further development into the skills required in bricklaying
- An understanding of the elements of various structures
- An improved CV Preparation for further learning at the next level
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.