Diploma for Entry to Uniformed Services L1Full Time · Public Services & Criminology · Bishop Auckland Campus · Diploma
If you are looking for a career within the Uniformed Public Services area such as the Armed Forces or the Emergency Services then here is the place to start. This course is designed to help you develop the skills needed for today's workforce within the Public Services. This course can help you grow in confidence and become self disciplined, learn how to solve problems, meet deadlines, keep fit and work as part of a team.
Minimum 3 GCSE’s at grades 2 - 1 (E - F) or equivalent, or entry level qualification. Alternative qualifications and experience will be considered.
What will I do?
This full time course is taught over three days a week for one year and includes maths, English tutorials and Work Experience.
You will study a range of subjects relating to the Uniformed Public Services including:
- Public service skills
- Exploring careers in uniformed and non-uniformed public services
- Improving health and fitness for entry to the uniformed services
- Sport and recreation in the public services
- Navigation skills
- You will also get involved in practical sessions relating to exercise and fitness and outdoor activities
- You will also be given the opportunity to experience various work related vocations via guest speakers and a work placement as well as improving and developing enterprise within the section
What will it give me?
The skills and confidence to develop a career in the Uniformed and Public Services.
Students will be required to purchase a uniform pack consisting of jacket, t-shirts, combat trousers, boots and sports kit. There will be a cost implication for the uniform and educational trips, this will be subsidised by the college. The exact cost will be given prior to enrolment after offer of place has been confirmed. Concessions may apply for students based on their personal circumstances.
What can I do when I finish?
If you gain suitable grades you may progress to the Level 2 Diploma in Public Services. Alternatively, you may progress on to an apprenticeship at college or into employment in one of the armed or emergency services.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.