Painting and Decorating L3Full Time · Painting & Decorating · Bishop Auckland Campus · Diploma
The CG Painting & Decorating Level 3 course will prepare you for entry into the popular trade of painting and decorating. You will learn and practice the skills needed to be successful in your career, whether this is working for an employer or working for yourself running your own business. This full time course is taught over three days a week for one year and includes Maths, English and ICT. The course consists of eight unit tests and continuous practical assessments.
Minimum 4 GCSE’s at grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) or equivalent, including a C or above in Maths and English, or a Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area.
What will I do?
The CG Painting & Decorating Level 3 will prepare you for the specialist skills in the field of painting and decorating by studying the following-
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing work
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for painted decorative work
- Producing specialist architectural finishes for decorative work
- Applying water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
- Applying water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
What will it give me?
The course will prepare you for further learning or training and will develop your knowledge and skills in your subject area.
You will need safety footwear and white overalls which you can purchase from the College.
What can I do when I finish?
You can progress to a paid Apprenticeship at Level 2 or 3.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.