Advanced Technical Diploma in Painting and Decorating L3
Full Time · Painting & Decorating · Bishop Auckland Campus
- Start Date:
- 04 September 2023
- If you are aged 16 to 18 this course is free. Otherwise an Advanced Learner Loan is available.
- Level 3
- Taught at:
- Bishop Auckland Campus
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Painting & Decorating is for learners who are interested in developing the specific technical and professional skills that will lead to meaningful employment in the construction industry. Level 3 is ideal if you've worked in the construction industry and have plenty of experience. Your work might involve supervising others or managing resources. You want to develop your skills further and move into a senior role or a position with more responsibility.
You will already need to hold a Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating or equivalent qualification.
What will I do?
Learners interested in the Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Painting & Decorating will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
Compulsory topics include:
• Organising, planning and pricing construction work
• Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
• Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
• Producing specialist finishes for painted decorative work
• Producing specialist architectural finishes for decorative work
• Applying water-borne paint systems using airless equipment and high volume low pressure spray equipment
What will it give me?
The course will prepare you for further learning or training and will develop your knowledge and skills in your subject area.
Correct PPE, which includes boots and whites.
What can I do when I finish?
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Painting & Decorating could lead to the following employment opportunities:
• Painter & decorator working on commercial or domestic premises
• Self-employed painter & decorator working on domestic repair and refurbishment projects
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.