Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport L2Part Time Day · Part Time Day/Eve · Sport · Bishop Auckland Campus
This qualification has been developed in partnership with experts within the sports industry to provide you with an introduction to the processes and principles of supporting child development through Multi-Skills.
You need to be at least 17 years old and hold a Level 2 sport specific coaching award or sport related qualification e.g. Level 2 Coaching Award (in football, netball, gymnastics etc.).
What will I do?
Assessment will be both written and practical. You will be assessed in the following areas: –
- Understanding the principles of coaching children
- Understand the fundamentals of movement and fundamental movement skills
- Understand fundamental sport skills
- Be able to deliver a fundamental movement skills programme
- Be observed delivering a fundamental sport skills session
- Develop an action plan for continuous professional
What will it give me?
As a result of this course you will: –
- Become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- Learn how to design, deliver and evaluate multi-skills activity sessions
- Make a positive impact upon the children you are working with by developing their movement, confidence and sport related skills
- Help children to master the fundamentals of movement in fun, imaginative and progressive ways
- Make sport more enjoyable for children and young people and much
You will need to wear appropriate sports clothing and footwear to ensure you can participate in practical sports sessions. You will also need pen, pencil, ruler etc.
What can I do when I finish?
This course will support you in the specialism of coaching children and young people, which could lead to further employment opportunities. You can also use it as part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport and leisure industry.
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.