Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning L2Part Time Day · Part Time Day/Eve · Childcare/Early Years · Bishop Auckland Campus
Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools offers a range of career opportunities in primary, secondary and special education. Working under the supervision of the teacher or others in the school, you will play a vital part in enabling pupils to reach their individual potential.
GCSE grade D or equivalent L1 English and Maths depending on course requirements, an interview and short assessment will assess your suitability and interest in the subject, you must have a caring nature and willingness to help others and you will be required to complete a DBS check.
What will I do?
The course is made up of 9 mandatory units of study and 2 additional units over the 30 weeks. The units you will study are:
• Child and young person development
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
• Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• Equality, Diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
• Help improve own and team practice in schools
• Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
• Support children and young people's health and safety
• Support children and young people's positive behaviour
• Support learning activities
• Schools as organisations
• Support extra-curricular activities.
You must also complete work placements and gain experience working in a primary, secondary or special educational needs setting.
What will it give me?
A qualification and practical experience which will enable you to progress to the Level 3 Teaching Assistant course, which is the qualification level required by most schools.
Polo shirt with College logo is optional for you to purchase for placement.
What can I do when I finish?
You can be considered for progression onto the Level 3 Teaching Assistant course or gain employment.
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Thank you.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.