BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching (Top Up)Higher Education · Full Time · Sport · Bishop Auckland Campus
New to Bishop Auckland College, this exciting innovative higher education course enables students to gain an academic qualification in Sports Coaching. This qualification is validated by The Open University.
You can read the programme specification for this course here and the programme handbook here. (Year Three only). This programme is taught on a face to face basis. It is taught over one year on the full time degree option, and across two years on the part time degree option. You will attend college for two to three days and will be expected to engage with learning and coaching, independently.
There is no annual increase in price. No additional
costs will be incurred where possible, with appropriate notice and option
provided when and if, confirmed. Additional information is available here. A copy of the Fee Policy is
available on request.
We wish to attract individuals who:
• are highly self-motivated and committed;
• can deal with the demands of a multidisciplinary course;
• have effective oral and written communication skills;
• will benefit from the course.
• A minimum of 80 UCAS points at A Level;
• or one of the following: a Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDD, DDM, DMM, MMM profile
• A Level 3 Diploma: D*D*/D*D/DD/DM
• Pass Access to HE with 80 UCAS points minimum
• GCSE Maths and English at Level 4/Grade C or above
• Or you may be considered for the programme as a mature student with relevant work experience and variety/element of the above.
• A reference from a College/Sixth Form tutor or employer is also required.
A Level 5 Foundation Degree/Higher National Diploma in a similar field of study at Pass level. A level of Recognised Prior learning (RPL) may be required, with the potential for additional modules at Level 5 being completed and assessed, prior to entry on to the Level 6.
What can I do when I finish?
You may apply and progress onto Masters level (Level 7) study such as an MSc in Sports Coaching and/or specialist training or seek employment within the Coaching profession. Some of our previous students have considered the programme a route into Teaching and have gone on to study for a PCET/PGCE.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
What will I do?
Level Six Modules:
• Research Project
• Performance Analysis
• Contemporary Issues in Sports Coaching and Health
• Advanced Coaching Practice
What will it give me?
A BSc (Hons) in Sports Coaching.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.