Award in Instructing Circuit Training L2
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop the skills and knowledge to plan and instruct safe and effective circuit training sessions as a core group exercise instructor.
This qualification aims to:
• focus on the role and scope of a circuit training instructor
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
• develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to a circuit training instructor, such as:
- the benefits and training effects of circuit training - health and safety considerations
- the layouts, equipment and exercises that could be used in a circuit training session
- the use of music and licensing - how to plan safe and effective circuit training sessions
- how to instruct, observe and monitor participants
• demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a circuit training instructor.
Pre-requisite qualifications needed for progression onto this qualification are:
• 16 years of age (minimum)
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise).
You will be invited to attend an interview and screening process where your qualifications, experience and goals will be discussed.
What will I do?
The structure of the qualification is comprised of two units which are both mandatory:
• Planning circuit training sessions
• Instructing circuit training sessions
As part of this qualification you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. A portfolio will confirm the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt. Your assessor will provide guidance on how to prepare the portfolio of evidence and how to show practical achievement via an assessed observation along with a demonstration of the knowledge required to successfully complete this qualification.
This qualification is endorsed by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) and is aligned to the CIMPSA Core Group Exercise Instructor Professional Standard.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebell Training
• Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspension Training
• Level 2 Award in Instructing Group Cycling
• Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
Learners who achieve this qualification could also progress into employment or self-employment as a circuit training instructor.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.