OCR Diploma in Career Guidance and Development L6Higher Education · Flexible Learning · Advice & Guidance · Diploma
- Course Dates:
- This course has flexible course dates.
- A Higher Education Loan is available
- Level 6
The OCR Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF) provides candidates with a high quality, nationally recognised qualification. The Career Development Institute recommends that schools and colleges use only Careers Advisers who are professionally qualified in careers guidance, to a minimum of Level 6, and who are on the UK Register of Career Development Professionals.
This qualification is also suitable for those working in the new Next Step Service, external agency and voluntary service guidance roles, and roles where staff who work in other organisations provide career advice and guidance, information, employability support and signposting as part of their own broader work role. The qualification will provide accredited professional development opportunities for those working in these areas and encourage progression in the sector
There are no formal requirements for entry to this qualification. It is available to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards and meeting the assessment criteria for the units through the particular setting in which they practice.
What will I do?
To achieve this qualification, candidates must achieve a total of 60 credits - 45 credits from the seven mandatory units in Group A and a minimum of 15 credits from the optional units in Group B.
Mandatory and optional units include:
- Preparing to work in the Career Information, Advice and Guidance sector
- Reflect on and improve professional practice
- Career guidance theory
- Agree the purpose of client-centred career guidance interviews and maintain communication with clients
- Use career and labour market information with clients
- Work with other agencies for the benefit of clients and the organisation
- Use diagnostic and assessment tools with clients
- Advocate on behalf of clients
- Understand how to support specific client groups to overcome barriers to learning, training and work
- Engage with support networks to help clients to meet their career related needs
- Assist clients to apply for learning, training and work
- Prepare to deliver services to clients in an outreach setting
- Source, evaluate and use labour market intelligence with clients
- Obtain and organise career related information to support clients
- Plan, deliver and evaluate career related learning in groups
- Evaluate service provision
- Undertake research on behalf of the service
- Lead and manage career development work in an organisation
- Continuously improve career development work in an organisation
- Plan and design Career Related Learning Programmes
You will be taught through a combination of group work, lectures, workshops, work based projects, research and tutorials.
You will be assessed by a combination of direct observation in the workplace, individual work, witness testimony and a portfolio of evidence.
What will it give me?
This qualification is suitable for people working in a range of settings although it is particularly is recommended for school and college staff involved with planning and delivery of Careers Education and Guidance.This course is customised with flexible delivery. Start dates are throughout the year and candidates can work at their own pace.
What can I do when I finish?
Higher Level qualifications are available as continuous professional development opportunities for those working in this discipline.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.