Get the Skills, Get the Job, Go to University
Your choice of where to study after School is huge, and many colleges will say they are the best or the most suitable, we believe our students are the best people to ask and here is what our students said:
- 96% felt they were on the right course
- 96% enjoyed their learning experience
- 98% I feel safe in College
- 98% felt treated as an individual
- 97% would recommend their course
- 95% would recommend the college
Still not convinced? Other reasons to join Bishop Auckland College:
- The majority of our level 3 students either get the job they want or progress to the University of their choice
- Excellent employer links with over 1,000 companies across all sectors
- Links to regional universities and a strategic partner of the University of Sunderland and the Open University
- Bespoke Higher Education Gateway Centre on campus
- Outstanding facilities, a wide range of courses and free bus travel for all full-time students who need it
- Student reward package that includes student allowance (reviewed annually), free gym membership and financial assistance with essential course items
- Excellent cafeteria, and Ambition restaurant with discounted meals for students
Getting to College made easy
We have partnered up with Arriva to provide free travel for all full-time students. To view the timetables please click here.
Go higher with BTEC Extended Diplomas
Bishop Auckland College offers many National Diplomas at Level 3, which are worth the same UCAS points as three A Levels. If you know what you want to do, BTEC Extended Diplomas are perfect for you. You’ll spend all your time doing your chosen subject instead of three different ones, helping you develop more specialised skills.
Nearly all UK universities accept BTECs in relevant subject areas, similar to how they would A Level qualifications. BTEC students develop independent study skills, time management and organisational ability, all valuable skills required for progression to university and employment.