Bishop Auckland (but could also be located at various sites around the north east)
£175.50 & 39 hrs per week. Monday – Thursday 7:30am-4pm, Friday 7:30am-3pm.
As Apprentice Electrician you will be responsible for installations on site. In this role you will be responsible to the Electrical Supervisor.
This will include, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Shall also be able to demonstrate competence in the health and safety, human interaction, quality control and environmental requirements appropriate to your scope of work
- Assisting with installations of copper pipework, above ground drainage etc as instructed by the Electrician / Advanced Electrician
- To provide good quality installations
- To review own work to ensure right first time and reduce the snagging
- Be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of a systems operating principles
- Identify and establish the requirements of the job, whether from drawing, specifications or other instructions
- Solve problems within the scope of the work carried out
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards
- Install and test system components
- Carry out pre-commission testing, de-commission systems and commission and test systems
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the M&E Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed as they relate to the Construction Department, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
- Have an excellent understanding and are compliant with the QEMS, particularly the processes outlined in IP06
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst being thorough and paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company
Our Core Values
At Meldrum, we place real importance on recruiting the right person for the right role. Our Core Values govern the culture and behaviours we expect all of our employees to personify.
Being honest and having strong consistent moral and ethical standards combined with mutually beneficial colleague relationships in order to drive positive behaviour and culture. Respect and trusting in each other’s ability to do our job well, being accountable for our own actions and therefore being part of a successful team.
Pride & passion
Placing a high importance on the value of the positive contribution each of us makes to the Organisation and the strength of commitment to do so.
Providing a level of service in line with our Quality, Environment Management Safety System (QEMS) and Best Practice.
New methods of working which drives efficient behaviours and Continuous Improvement.
Personal qualities required:
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Be highly motivated
- Previous experience within the construction industry
- Working towards to NVQ level 2 / 3 in a relevant discipline
- GCSE English, Maths, Science and ICT equivalent to Grade A*-C (9-4)
- Saw training certificate
- CSCS Card – CPCS Card
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment
- Hold a valid driving licence
To apply, please forward your CV via email (stating ‘Electrician Apprenticeship’ in the subject heading of the email) to email@example.com or contact them for more information on 0191 4921800