Job title: UTC South Durham Business Administration Apprentice
Employer: The Durham UTC Ltd
Responsible to: Office and MIS Manager
Salary: Full time Apprentice – £144.30 / 37hrs per week
Under supervision of the Office and MIS Manager you will be responsible for supporting UTC staff and students to access office services. As part of a small support team the Business Admin will provide the services below:
- Support for pupils
- Support Pupils to access office services such as timetables, lockers and other services
- Provide a point of contact for visitor, staff and students on reception
- Provide a point of contact for students to access lockers and keys
- Record late arrivals and report to Student Support Officer
- Support for staff
- Assist UTC staff in respect to office services such a photocopying and hospitality
- Support the UTC to ensure our students are safe and happy
- Work with the Student Support Officer to deploy the suite of laptop trolleys
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post
- Take incoming and make outgoing phonecalls
- Recording and receiving parcels and deliveries
- Provide a front of house reception for visitors and business partners
- Delivering admin support services
- Provide a reception service to meet and greet visitors including recording and signing in.
- Be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the Office and MIS manager for post and other services
- Assist in ensuring that all health and safety requirements for the office are met
- Assist with the ordering of hospitality for visitors
- Working within the organisation
- Promote the UTC’s values with staff, students and external agencies.
- Treat students as young adults, show them respect and earn theirs.
- Develop and promote Workplace Skills through discussion with staff and students.
- Develop a professional approach to work and appearance.
- Be efficient with resources and mindful of waste to ensure value for money.
- Be accountable for safely carrying out the duties of the business admin post
- Additional duties
- Act with integrity and ensure a high standard of care and safeguarding for all our students.
- Be aware of and comply with health and safety rules and legislation, ensuring the safety of students and staff at all times.
- Appreciate and support the role of other staff
- Contribute to the overall ethos/aims and mission of the UTC
- Act in compliance with data protection legislation in respecting the privacy of personal information.
- Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to the management of UTC records and information.
- Undertake additional duties as may be reasonably directed by the Principal where they meet the priorities of the UTC.
UTC South Durham Business Admin
|Training and qualifications||Essential||Desirable||Evidence|
|Appropriate level two qualifications or equivalent||√||Sight|
|Experience of providing support services||Essential||Desirable||Evidence|
|Experience of working in a school or educational environment||√||Application/reference|
|Experience of dealing with a admin tasks||√||Application/reference/
|Experience of customer service||√||Application/interview|
|Professional knowledge and
|Knowledge of Microsoft Office||√||Application/reference/
|Knowledge of E-mail||√||Application/reference/
|Knowledge of photocopying and printing||√||Application/reference/
|Knowledge of customer service||√||Application/reference/
|Ability to answer the phone in a professional manner||√||Application/reference/
|Skilled in the use of ICT||√||Application/reference/ interview|
|Personal qualities and skills||Essential||Desirable||Evidence|
|Honesty, integrity and professionalism||√||Reference/interview|
|Good interpersonal skills and builds positive relationships with staff, and students||√||Reference/interview|
|Able to organise, prioritise and meet deadlines||√||Reference/interview|
|Work efficiently and accurately||√||Application/reference/
|Communicate well orally and in writing||√||Application/reference/
|Possess enthusiasm and drive||√||Reference/interview|
|Able to work as part of a wider team with a flexible approach to the role||√||Reference/interview|
|Able to respond calmly to challenging situations and demonstrate stamina and resilience||√||Reference/interview|
|Willingness to take on task beyond previous experience with suitable support||√||Application/reference/
|Absolute commitment to the UTC ethos and attitude towards students as young adults||√||Application/reference/
|No adverse criminal record||√||DBS check|
UTC South Durham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply for this vacancy please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number 1175. requesting an application form. Once you have received the application form, please complete and send back to the Recruitment Team at the same email address.
If you cannot contact us via email please call us on 01388 743164.