Our Public Services HND is a two year, full-time course which will help you to develop the skills required in the management of the Public Services (both uniformed and non-uniformed public services) eg. Armed Forces, Customs and Excise, Emergency Services and Prison Service.
Entry requirements include one of the following:
- Level 3 qualification in Public Services or related discipline or A levels in related subjects.
- Access to Higher Education certificate.
- A student with relevant work experience and a good standard or education who would benefit from this qualification.
All students must at least a C grade in GCSE maths and English or equivalent qualification.
What will I do?
- Small scale research projects in Public Services
- Organisations and behaviour
- Fair treatment in the Public Services
- Aspects of criminal law for Public Services
- Psychology of human and criminal behaviour
- Justice and Punishment
- Criminology theory relating to crimes of violence
- Crime reduction and community safety
- Managing public sector finance
- Government, decision-making and the Public Services
- Research Project
- Personal and professional development
- Substance misuse, culture and crime
- Work based experience
What will it give me?
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Uniformed Services
All learners will be required to purchase and where the course uniform which consists of black HE student polo shirt, black HE student long sleeve top and black trousers.
What can I do when I finish?
Careers in public services are wide ranging and can include the Armed Forces, Police Service, Prison Service, Witness Care Service, Probation Service, Substance Misuse Services, the Security Industry.
You may be able top-up your HND to a full Bachelor’s degree, eg BA, BSc, or study for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).Please Click Here to access the Latest Course List