- Access to Higher Education
- Advice & Guidance
- Art & Photography
- Auckland Academy
- Beauty & Complementary Therapies
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Childcare & Early Years
- Computing & IT
- Construction & The Built Environment
- English and Maths
- Flexible Learning
- Foundation Learning
- Health & Social Care
- Higher Needs
- Hospitality & Catering
- Higher Education
- Motor Vehicle
- Painting & Decorating
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Teaching & Training
- Full Time
- Part Time
The qualification is designed for a wide range of learners, who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating, and aims to:
· increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
· increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
· provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
· provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
· provide information on eating disorders
· increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management.
The knowledge gained by completing this qualification will be useful in a variety of settings, both professional and personal, for example:
· it will give learners working, or intending to work, in settings such as Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness, Hospitality and Catering or Healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health to support their role in the workplace.
· it will enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of healthcare, sport and leisure, or hospitality and catering.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 years and over. It is appropriate for a wide range of learners, from the general public to those working within the health & wellbeing, sport & leisure, or hospitality & catering industries. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a similar subject area.
What will I do?
Learners will study one afternoon per week (3 hours) for 10 weeks. Each learner will produce a portfolio of evidence consisting of a variety of assessed pieces of work which could include: assignments, projects and simulated observations.
What will it give me?
Learners will be studying towards a Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health.
Learners will need basic stationery items (pens, pencils, lined paper, file, etc.)
What can I do when I finish?
This qualification can help to progress learners in to volunteering or paid positions with organisations providing support and advice regarding diet and health and wellbeing. Learners could also progress onto other courses relating to the Sport, Exercise & Leisure, Health Promotion, Hospitality & Catering, Health & Social Care sectors.
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Alternatively, you can attend one of our Open Evenings and chat to staff or contact us on 01388 443000 and speak to a member of staff. Thank you.