- Access to Higher Education
- Advice & Guidance
- Art & Photography
- Auckland Academy
- Beauty & Complementary Therapies
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Childcare & Early Years
- Computing & IT
- Construction & The Built Environment
- English and Maths
- Flexible Learning
- Foundation Learning
- Health & Social Care
- Higher Needs
- Hospitality & Catering
- Higher Education
- Motor Vehicle
- Painting & Decorating
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Teaching & Training
- Full Time
- Part Time
The Diploma in Bricklaying L2 will develop your hand skills enabling you to build solid, cavity and half brick walls, and timber and steel framed constructions.
You will also be involved in setting out basic buildings.
You will gain the underpinning knowledge required for: information, communication and quantities, building methods and technology, and health and safety.
A minimum of three GCSEs at grade E-F including maths and/or English depending on course requirements. Alternative qualifications will be considered. An interview and short assessment will assess your suitability and interest in the subject.
What will I do?
The Diploma in Bricklaying L2 contains 5 units which have 2 online tests and 4 paper based (theory and practical). The units include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures.
What will it give me?
The course will give you the following:
- Further development into the skills required in bricklaying
- An understanding of the elements of various structures
- An improved CV Preparation for further learning at the next level
You will need safety footwear and overalls which you can purchase from the College.
What can I do when I finish?
If you gain suitable grades you may want to progress to the Level 3 course in Bricklaying or a paid Apprenticeship at Level 2 or 3.
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Thank you.