- Access to Higher Education
- Advice & Guidance
- Art & Photography
- Auckland Academy
- Beauty & Complementary Therapies
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Childcare & Early Years
- Computing & IT
- Construction & The Built Environment
- English and Maths
- Flexible Learning
- Foundation Learning
- Health & Social Care
- Higher Needs
- Hospitality & Catering
- Higher Education
- Motor Vehicle
- Painting & Decorating
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Teaching & Training
- Full Time
- Part Time
If you are looking for a career within the Uniformed Public Services area such as the Armed Forces or the Emergency Services then here is the place to start. This course is designed to help you develop the skills needed for today's workforce within the Public Services. This course can help you grow in confidence and become self disciplined, learn how to solve problems, meet deadlines, keep fit and work as part of a team.
A minimum of three GCSEs at E-F including maths and English depending on course requirements. Alternative qualifications will be considered. There will also be an interview and short assessment for entry to this course
What will I do?
This full time course is taught over 3 days a week for 1 year and includes Maths, English tutorials and Work Experience.
You will study a range of subjects relating to the Uniformed Public Services including:
- Public Service Skills
- Exploring careers in uniformed and non-uniformed Public Services
- Improving health and fitness for entry to the uniformed services
- Sport and recreation in the Public Services
- Navigation Skills.
- You will also get involved in practical sessions relating to exercise and fitness and outdoor activities.
- You will also be given the opportunity to experience various work related vocations via guest speakers and a work placement as well as improving and developing enterprise within the section.
What will it give me?
The skills and confidence to develop a career in the Uniformed and Public Services.
Students will be required to purchase a uniform pack consisting of jacket, t-shirts, combat trousers, boots and sports kit. There will be a cost implication for the uniform and educational trips, this will be subsidised by the College. The exact cost will be given prior to enrolment after offer of place has been confirmed (concessions may apply for students based on their personal circumstances).
What can I do when I finish?
If you gain suitable grades you may progress to the Level 2 Diploma in Public Services. Alternatively you may progress on to an Apprenticeship at College or into employment in one of the Armed or Emergency Services.
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Thank you.