- Access to Higher Education
- Advice & Guidance
- Art & Photography
- Auckland Academy
- Beauty & Complementary Therapies
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Childcare & Early Years
- Computing & IT
- Construction & The Built Environment
- English and Maths
- Flexible Learning
- Foundation Learning
- Health & Social Care
- Higher Needs
- Hospitality & Catering
- Higher Education
- Motor Vehicle
- Painting & Decorating
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Teaching & Training
- Full Time
- Part Time
Our HND in Music aims to develop relevant creative and practical industry skills for a career in the music industry and for progression to undergraduate degree study.
This Level 5 programme runs over two years and is the equivalent to the first two years of a university degree (240 credits). HNDs are well respected by universities and employers and offer a less costly alternative to a traditional university route.
Entry requirements include one of the following:
- Level 3 qualification in Music or related discipline or A levels in related subjects.
- Access to Higher Education certificate.
- A student with relevant work experience and a good standard or education who would benefit from this qualification.
- All students must at least a C grade in GCSE maths and English or equivalent qualification.
What will I do?
- Music Technology
- Musical Performance
- Music Industry
- The programme will be taught through a mixture of lectures, seminars, events, group discussion activities and masterclasses with industry professionals.
You will be assessed through written assignments and practical performances and events.
What will it give me?
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Music.
- Headphones (not earphones)
- Basic stationery items
- Large memory stick or hard drive
What can I do when I finish?
You can progress to further study e.g. bachelors degree or the final stage of a bachelors top-up degree (dependent on university entry requirements).
There are also a wide variety of careers including performance production and events management.