- Access to Higher Education
- Advice & Guidance
- Art & Photography
- Auckland Academy
- Beauty & Complementary Therapies
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Childcare & Early Years
- Computing & IT
- Construction & The Built Environment
- English and Maths
- Flexible Learning
- Foundation Learning
- Health & Social Care
- Higher Needs
- Hospitality & Catering
- Higher Education
- Motor Vehicle
- Painting & Decorating
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Teaching & Training
- Full Time
- Part Time
Our Public Services HNC is a one year, full-time course which will help you to develop the skills required in the management of the Public Services (both uniformed and non-uniformed public services) e.g. The Police Service, Armed Forces, Customs and Excise, Emergency Services and Prison Service.
Entry requirements include one of the following:
- Level 3 qualification in Public Services or related discipline or A levels in related subjects.
- Access to Higher Education certificate.
- A student with relevant work experience and a good standard or education who would benefit from this qualification.
- All students must at least a C grade in GCSE maths and English or
What will I do?
- Small scale research projects in Public Services
- Organisations and behaviour
- Fair treatment in the Public Services
- Aspects of criminal law for Public Services
- Psychology of human and criminal behaviour
- Justice and Punishment
- Criminology theory relating to crimes of violence
- Crime reduction and community safety
What will it give me?
Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Uniformed Services
All learners will be required to purchase and where the course uniform which consists of black HE student polo shirt, black HE student long sleeve top and black trousers.
What can I do when I finish?
Careers in public services are wide ranging and can include the Armed Forces, Police Service, Prison Service, Witness Care Service, Probation Service, Substance Misuse Services, the Security Industry.
If you would like to apply, please click on the APPLY section below. Thank you.