Whether you are about to leave school or another college, or if you have had a break from education and are thinking about returning to study, we know choosing the correct course is vital to help you progress to the next step in education, training or employment.
Our friendly and professional Careers Advisers offer FREE, impartial and confidential careers information, advice and guidance about:
- Career choices
- Further and higher education
- Training and employment opportunities
Our careers, advice and guidance service is available at our Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor campuses and community learning venues in Crook, Bishop Auckland (Newgate) and Newton Aycliffe.
Careers and Job Information
You can book an appointment with one of our professional Careers Advisors to find out about the different types of jobs available in the local area, region and nationwide. You can also look up job profiles and labour market information (LMI) from our website. To access this type of helpful information, follow the steps below:
- Go onto the homepage of the website
- Click onto the ‘Find a Course’ browser or search by courses
- Open a specific course from the list of courses
- Scroll to the bottom of the course information and click onto the National Careers Service logo
- This will open-up information on the particular sector you are interested in, starting salaries and extra information on related careers
To make an appointment:
Phone: 01388 443 000
Bishop Auckland College Client Services team is accredited to the Matrix quality standard.
Careers Entitlement Statement
The College is committed to ensuring that high quality, timely, accurate and impartial careers education, information advice and guidance is provided to support people to make informed decisions. This involves making realistic choices about future plans and developing skills to prepare for progression into further study or employment.
A copy of our Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance policy is available upon request.