HND in Music L5
Higher Education · Full Time · Music · Bishop Auckland Campus
- Start Date:
- 04 September 2023
- A Higher Education Loan is available.
- Level 5
- Taught at:
- Bishop Auckland Campus
Our HND in Music aims to develop relevant creative and practical industry skills for a career in the music industry and for progression to undergraduate degree study.
This Level 5 programme runs over two years and is the equivalent to the first two years of a university degree (240 credits). HNDs are well respected by universities and employers and offer a less costly alternative to a traditional university route.
Entry requirements include one of the following:
- Level 3 qualification in Music or related discipline or A levels in related subjects
- Access to Higher Education certificate
- A student with relevant work experience and a good standard or education who would benefit from this qualification
- All students must at least a C grade in GCSE maths and English or equivalent qualification
What will I do?
- Music Technology
- Musical Performance
- Music Industry
- The programme will be taught through a mixture of lectures, seminars, events, group discussion activities and masterclasses with industry professionals.
You will be assessed through written assignments and practical performances and events.
What will it give me?
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Music.
Headphones (not earphones), instrument, basic stationery items and a large memory stick or hard drive
What can I do when I finish?
You can progress to further study e.g. bachelor's degree or the final stage of a bachelor's top-up degree (dependent on university entry requirements).
There are also a wide variety of careers including performance production and events management.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.