If you'd like to apply for a full-time course, you can do it anytime online!
We know how tough it can be thinking about what to do after school... there are so many courses and qualifications out there! But don't worry, help is at hand- the videos, posters and resources below have all been designed to help make that decision easier! Here are a few key facts about our college straight away:
- We offer 'hands on' courses that mean you will be spending lots of your time with us 'learning by doing'. This is great for students who want a more creative and practical experience at college.
- Most of our courses have different levels (such as Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3). It might be easier to think about these as beginner, intermediate and advanced level courses!
- Unlike a sixth form, you only choose one subject to study with us. This allows you to really focus on the subject you enjoy and gain lots of experience in that area!
- You don't have to have studied a subject at school to study it with us at college. You might start on a lower level course (for example Level 1 in subjects like Hairdressing, Beauty, Construction or Catering) to build
up your experience. If you have studied it before, or have experience of the subject outside of school, then you might start at a higher level such as Level 2 or Level 3.
- Many of our Level 3 courses are the same as studying for 3 A-Levels. This means you can progress onto university after studying with us! Rather than struggling to balance three or four A-Level subjects with lots of exams,
you can study practically and creatively with us while focusing on the one subject you love before going to university.
'What facilities are there at Bishop Auckland College?'
Course Taster Pages:
You can find out more about the different areas of the college by clicking the images below. These pages include videos, resources and information about our courses!
What facilities are there at South West Durham Training?
'What support do we offer?' with our Student Progress Mentor
Our Careers team can support you with finding your next step. They offer free, impartial advice about options after school, and you don't have to be one of our students to access the service! Just email email@example.com to book an appointment. We also have a range of resources to get you started:
- CV Hints and Tips
- Example CV (Childcare)
- Blank CV Template
- Cover Letter Hints and Tips
- Example Cover Letter
- Interview questions (with sample answers)
Careerometer can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations, help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers. It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as a description of the occupation.
Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. You can then look up another two occupations and compare. You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected.
Interested in an apprenticeship?
Some students find that they are eager to enter the world of work straight from school rather than studying full time. If that is you, then we offer a range of apprenticeships that might be more suitable! Find out more by clicking
Worried about resits?
We support students to resit their GCSE Maths and English qualifications if they did not achieve a grade 4 while at school. Watch the below video to find out more about our maths provision: