Our Mission, Vision & Values
Bishop Auckland College offers students the opportunity to select from a comprehensive programme of full-time courses in a wide range of disciplines. The College also provides a full range of adult education at its Bishop Auckland campus and many venues in the community.
Members of staff are highly qualified and experienced, regularly updating their qualifications and industrial experience to ensure the quality and relevance of our programmes.
To enhance the economic prosperity of young people, adults and employers through high quality, work-related education and training.
Bishop Auckland College aspires to be outstanding and to be the first choice provider for developing the skills and workforce of the future in South Durham.
The work of Bishop Auckland College will be guided and informed by our values and beliefs and these will shape our culture:
- Be fully committed to the success of our students.
- Only the very highest standards are good enough.
- Engage proactively with local and regional stakeholders and be accountable to them for our performance.
- Promote safeguarding and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work, valuing the richness of ideas that diversity brings.
- Innovation and enterprise will be at the heart of everything we do.
- Work supportively and collaboratively with colleagues and manage diverse opinions in a constructive and respectful way.
- Operate with sensitivity, transparency and fairness in everything we do.
- Decisions and actions will be guided by our commitment to environmental sustainability.
- College reputation is a valuable asset and we each have a responsibility to promote the College with pride and enthusiasm.
Our vision will be achieved through the pursuit of six key strategic priorities which direct our activity.
- College courses and services are designed to place us at the leading edge of social and economic development across south Durham.
- Provide outstanding vocational learning that engages and inspires.
- Student performance outcomes will be amongst the best for further and higher education colleges in the region and nationally.
- Prepare young people and adults for social and economic success.
- Develop a reputation for exceptional standards.
- Operate as an efficient and sustainable business constantly innovating to enhance skills, improve value for money and achieve excellence in learning and business operations.