Bishop Auckland College is an inclusive environment where everyone is supported to thrive
To support this work and to demonstrate our commitment to building a more inclusive workplace and culture, we pledge to:
Look out for the lonely, the isolated, the challenged and the excluded.
Overcome the fear of difference and replace it with the power of inclusion.
Do all we can to enable every member of our community to thrive.
We are all inclusionists.
At Bishop Auckland College we support learners with:
- Sensory Impairments
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Physical Disabilities and Medical Conditions (Temporary and Lifelong)
- Mental Health Problems
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- English and Maths Development
Please contact the team for more information or if you have any concerns.
The types of support we offer are:
- Transition support
- Support at interview
- Individual tutorials
- In-class support
- Mobility support
- Note taking
- Specialist resources and equipment e.g. laptops with specialist software, Dictaphones, reading pens etc.
- Personal care
- Exam access arrangements
We can also provide you with the following:
- Make arrangements to support you at interview (please request this at application)
- Meet with you to discuss your needs
- Attend Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) meetings and reviews (if applicable)
- Put support in place to enable you to access the opportunities you require to achieve
- Liaise on a regular basis with teaching staff to share the relevant information and provide updates regarding your support
- Support teaching staff with information and training about specific learning difficulties and disabilities
- Review the support you receive on a regular basis
- Discuss and agree any changes that will be made to your support with you
- Promote your independence
- Support your achievement and progression