There is more to life at Bishop Auckland College than just gaining your qualifications. We want you to achieve your full potential in and out of the classroom. That’s why all students at the College complement their academic studies by taking part in our extensive enrichment programme. The enrichment programme enables you to develop new skills and build on your existing subject knowledge, helping you to stand out from the crowd when applying for university or employment.
The enrichment program at Bishop Auckland College has been developed to help you get more out of your time here. We know that you come to college to gain outstanding qualifications, but our goal is to help make your whole experience at the College as interesting, fun, exciting, rewarding and useful as possible. When your lessons end, learning and skills development continues! Make sure you don’t miss out on these brilliant opportunities.
Why should I volunteer?
You have the opportunity to put your spare time to good use by getting involved in some worthwhile projects.
You can make a real difference to the community as well as gaining some great experiences to make your CV or UCAS applications stand out!
Why not work towards a volunteering award:
Bronze = 5 hours
Silver = 10 hours
Gold = 20 hours
What is a Student Ambassador?
Student ambassadors are official student representatives who contribute to the leadership of the College. They are the representative voice of other students, helping to ensure that the College provides the very best experience to all of its students. They help to promote the College and courses to prospective students, supporting the College’s marketing department during open evenings and school taster events. The student ambassador scheme is a great way to develop your leadership and communication skills, learning how to chair meetings and present proposals and arguments to inform change.
What will I be expected to do?
As a student ambassador you will play an important role in college life including:
You will be expected to
· mentoring new students
· being the voice for students across the College
· attending various College meetings eg Safeguarding & Health and Safety, Equality & Diversity, Student Focus Groups and other various Working Groups
· attending open days/evenings
· providing tours of the College to prospective students
· assisting with events during induction week
· assisting with presentations delivered at local Schools
· assisting in developing College publicity and marketing information
What personal qualities do I need to be Student Ambassador?
We want our student ambassadors to be enthusiastic and motivated advocates for the College. You must be reliable and punctual, comfortable talking to people about your experience of the College and working as part of a team.
What could I gain from being a Student Ambassador?
· you will develop many skills including: communication, teamwork, planning and organising, confidence
· you will receive training on a range of topics including: safeguarding, equality & diversity, GDPR
· gain an insight into working with young people, tutors and other students
· excellent subject specific and general work experience to add to your CV along with a reference
· a personalised hoody, t-shirt and lanyard etc
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Claire Smith/Clare Groves via Main Reception
Fit for college - Fit for work - Fit for life
Enrichment and sports activities are available to all students, regardless of gender, age or ability, and provide students with opportunities to broaden their experiences and enhance their personal development.
Every student can enrol on one or more enrichment activity. The range and variety of activities on offer means there is something to cater for every individual. College isn’t just somewhere you come to get qualifications, but a place where you can make friends and develop interests and skills that can be continued for life.
Please fill out the form below to book your place on an Enrichment Activities