BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching
Higher Education · Full Time · Sport · Bishop Auckland Campus
- Start Date:
- 04 September 2023
- A Higher Education Loan is available.
- Level 4 - 6
- Taught at:
- Bishop Auckland Campus
New to Bishop Auckland College, this exciting innovative higher education course enables students to gain an academic qualification in Sports Coaching. This qualification is validated by The Open University.
You can read the programme specification for this course here and the programme handbook here.
This programme is taught on a face to face basis. It is taught over three years on the full time degree option, some home study time is advised to achieve the best possible grade.
There is no annual increase in price. No additional costs will be incurred where possible, with appropriate notice and option provided when and if, confirmed. Additional information is available here. A copy of the Fee Policy is available on request.
OU Student Guide: https://bacoll.ac.uk/Documents/2021/1/OU-Student-Guide.pdf
OU Regulations: https://bacoll.ac.uk/Documents/2021/1/OU-Regulations.pdf
We wish to attract individuals who:
• are highly self-motivated and committed;
• can deal with the demands of a multidisciplinary course;
• have effective oral and written communication skills;
• will benefit from the course.
• A minimum of 80 UCAS points at A Level;
• or one of the following: a Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDD, DDM, DMM, MMM profile
• A Level 3 Diploma: D*D*/D*D/DD/DM
• Pass Access to HE with 80 UCAS points minimum
• GCSE Maths and English at Level 4/Grade C or above
• Or you may be considered for the programme as a mature student with relevant work experience and variety/element of the above.
• A reference from a College/Sixth Form tutor or employer is also required.
What will I do?
Level Four Modules:
Introduction to Coaching Theory
Introduction to Community Health and Social Issues
Academic and Professional Skills
Introduction to Coaching Practice
Introduction to Coaching Science
Level Five Modules: (We have created optional modules for you to study topics and subjects linked to your interests and career preferences).
Community Coaching Practice
Coaching Science in Practice
Contemporary Understanding of Sports Coaching
Optional: (Choose one from the following)
Community Interventions for Health and Social Issues
Level Six Modules:
Contemporary Issues in Sports Coaching and Health
Advanced Coaching Practice
What will it give me?
A BSc (Hons) in Sports Coaching.
A range of practical clothing will be required and basic stationery such as a pen, ring binder and notepad.
What can I do when I finish?
You may apply and progress onto Masters level (Level 7) study such as an MSc in Sports Coaching and/or specialist training or seek employment within the Coaching profession. Some of our previous students have considered the programme a route into Teaching and have gone on to study for a PCET/PGCE.
If you would like to apply, please click the "Apply Now" section below and follow the steps. Thank you!
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.