Pearson BTEC HND in Sport & Exercise Science L5 Y1Higher Education · Full Time · Sport · Bishop Auckland Campus · HND
The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Sport & Exercise Science is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the Sport & Exercise Science sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
Access to additional opportunities:
An annual trip to London
Bi-Annual trip to Barcelona
Level 2 Award in Multiskills Development
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
Level 2 certificate in Nutrition and Health
Adult Mentoring Course
- 96 - 128 UCAS points or one of the following: a BTEC Extended Diploma: DDD, DDM, DMM, MMM profile
- A BTEC Diploma: Distinction* Distinction*
- Pass Access to HE with 112 Points
- GCSE Maths and English at Level 4/Grade C or above*
- A reference from a College/Sixth Form tutor or employer is also required.
Youmay be considered for the programme as a mature student with relevant work experience and a variety/elements of the above
What will I do?
You will study a range of units over the two years, that include;
- Fundamentals of Sport & Exercise
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Professional Skills (Pearson-set)
- Coaching Practice & Skill Development
- Training, Fitness, Testing
- Physical Activity, Lifestyle & Health
- Research Project (Pearson-set)
- Advanced Coaching
- Performance Analysis
- Talent Identification & Development
- Physical Education & School Sport
- Work Experience
- Teaching Practice
What will it give me?
You will achieve a Level 5 HND in Sport and Exercise Science (Coaching Science)
A range of practical clothing will be required and general classroom materials such as a pen, ring binder and notepad.
What can I do when I finish?
On successful completion of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma, students can develop their careers in the Sport & Exercise Science sector through:
- Entering employment
- Continuing existing employment
- Linking with the appropriate Professional Body
- Linking with the appropriate certificates
- Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Progressing to university.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma is recognised by Higher Education providers as meeting admission requirements to many relevant Sport & Exercise Science-related courses, for example:
- BA (Hons) Sport & Fitness Studies
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sports Studies.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.