Apprenticeship in Project ManagementRegister Interest
- Course Dates:
- This course has flexible course dates.
- Cost or fee remission information
- Level 4
This is a 12-18-month programme providing the apprentice with the skills, knowledge and understanding in the principles and practice of project management. This qualification provides apprentices’ with the knowledge and competence equivalent to a first-year degree. The programme consists of taught sessions to cover the requirements for the knowledge and understanding and assessment for two projects which need to be undertaken during the duration of the programme.
The qualification is aimed at individuals working in roles where they are expected to manage projects. It aims to develop apprentices’ knowledge, behaviours, and skills associated with project management.
What will I do?
The qualification covers a range of topics, including but not restricted to:
- Preparing a business case
- Managing project scope and schedules
- Managing project risk and quality
- Managing project finances and procurement of resources
- Stakeholder management
- Project communications
What will it give me?
Level 4 Diploma in Project Management
An initial assessment of each apprentice should be made before the start of their apprenticeship programme, to identify:
- If the apprentice has any specific training needs – what is their current baseline?
- What support and guidance they may need when working towards their qualifications.
- Any units they have already completed, or credits/experience they have accumulated which is relevant to the qualification/vocational area.
- The appropriate type and level of qualification
- The length of stay that the individual will need on programme
- The additional knowledge, skills and behaviours that are needed to help them improve as an individual outside of the qualification.
The initial assessment for this qualification requires apprentices to complete a knowledge-based test and some behavioural examples. The induction can be used to ensure that the most suitable apprentice is selected for your organisation.
What can I do when I finish?
You can progress onto a range of different employment opportunities within your existing company or elsewhere.
Need to know more? Enquire about this course.Register Interest