Would you like to play your role in a progressive and forward-looking College?
We are currently seeking to appoint new governors for the Bishop Auckland College Corporate Board.
We are especially seeking business or community leaders within our area who share our passion for transforming lives through learning and building long term prosperity within Bishop Auckland and South Durham.
We will be interested to hear from you if you feel able to contribute your skills and experience to help Bishop Auckland College, and our subsidiary company South West Durham Training, to achieve our vision of providing exceptional learning opportunities and facilitating local economic regeneration.
In particular, we are especially seeking governors with any of the following skills and/or experience:
• Funding, financial management and audit
• Curriculum and quality, especially in relation to further and higher education
• Estates, property management, energy and sustainability
• Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Governor roles are voluntary (unpaid) but highly rewarding.
This exciting role provides opportunities to broaden your portfolio of experience and benefit from regular training and professional development. This is a particularly exciting time to join the Bishop Auckland College Group as we have an ambitious agenda to deliver, including:
• Playing a leadership role in local economic development initiatives, including the Bishop Auckland Stronger Towns Fund.
• Delivering growth in key sectors that are of strategic importance, including expansion of the College’s degree level offer.
• Responding to the changing skills needs of employers and helping local businesses to grow.
• Delivering our ambitious plans to reduce the carbon footprint of College operations.
• Further improvements in the quality of education, ensuring that we provide our students with exceptional learning opportunities and a springboard to future success.
The Bishop Auckland College Group is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, inclusion and diversity. We welcome applications from groups who are currently under-represented including people with disabilities, those who identify as LGBTQIA+ and people from ethnic minority backgrounds.
If you are interested in joining us on this journey and would like to play a major role in driving our continuing success, we would love to hear from you.
For further information, an informal discussion with the Chair and to apply, please contact Ann Robinson-Ruddock, Clerk to Corporate Board, at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday 12 May 2023.